RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Jato 3.3 or Muggy? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/5797488-jato-3-3-muggy.html)

Namelessjoker 05-01-2007 03:09 PM

Jato 3.3 or Muggy?

Well?

KillerJato 05-01-2007 07:13 PM

RE: Jato 3.3 or Muggy?

Well depends on what you want to do?

musclecar64 05-01-2007 07:22 PM

killerjato is right, they are two completely different trucks.

cheech4 05-02-2007 12:14 AM

no offence to those who have the jato 3.3, but you really cant do much with it, its a street racer, its not great in dirt either with all that power, dirt is like ice, to much power and your just going to spin the wheels and fish tale and it doesnt handle that well doing that either. BUT its blazing fast and will toast almost anything out there in a straight line.
the muggy can be raced and can handle ruff terrain pretty well cuz it is part MT and more durable than the jato. BUT its slower than the jato. you can do alot more in a muggy than you can with a jato, so hands down i would choose the muggy.

nitro _ burner 05-02-2007 03:32 AM

plus ive heard the jato has bad handeling. personally.......GO ANY KIND OF TRUGGY OVER ANY KIND OF STADIUM TRUCK!!! the truggys handel better are 4WD, more controll, more ground clearance making them good for bashing. etc etc.

carmatic1 05-02-2007 10:09 AM

maybe i just havent been paying attention or something but i always thought the truggies are just like stadium trucks except truggies have a buggy that looks like themselves?

pythonfan 05-02-2007 11:00 AM

Truggies are hybrid Mt's. A truggie is between a monster truck and a buggy, basically the handling of high performance buggy but the off road capability of monster truck, its for the people that want to race but are also looking to bash around the yard. I have owned a jato(not the 3.3) the 2.5 and i had it for about a month, it is a speed demon but at those speeds it brakes easy, and wen u take it off road its hard for it to anywhere because it has such low ground clearance it almost impossible to drive in the yard, unless u have short short grass. I now own a muggy and it can do just about anything a jato can and can't do. Most truggies are designed from there buggy counter parts, but some are from there mt counter parts, such as kyosho with there inferno buggies, there were no racing mt's or st's so it came from there buggy crowd. Now for the muggy it came from the lst and lst2, everybody was racing there mt's they went and designed a mt that was and ultimate racer RTR and they have with all the features from the lst2 incorporated in to the muggy.

Think about wat ur getting with the jato and the muggy?

Jato: One 1/10th scale jato, toyish radio, battery pack and charger, 2-way wrench, manual, DVD, and a win or lose engine!

Muggy: One 1/8th scale muggy, jr computerized radio, jr metal gear servos, dynamite Mach 427 big block engine (.26), racing tires, roto start, reviver pack and charger, manual, 4-way wrench.

I'm sure u have seen the jato but take a look at the possibilities with a muggy!
1. Losi has there own mt forum, http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_319/tt.htm
2. Ask for 2dmaxlst and he is the king of the muggy, he has done some many thing its unbelievable!

KillerJato 05-02-2007 07:12 PM

OMG, two different breeds you can't compare these.

peed 05-02-2007 07:48 PM

i own a jato with an os18tm, its a really fast car, but it is not a racer, just a basher, pretty hard to control, on the other hand i love losi my brother has an lst, its great, fast, durable awesome, i read the muggy is also a great car, you can bash and race with it, plus it includes a good engine, and a really good radio, my opinion is that you should go with the muggy, but its your choise.