RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   What do you do w/ your old rc cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/5828802-what-do-you-do-w-your-old-rc-cars.html)

rcdudegermy10 05-08-2007 05:54 PM

What do you do w/ your old rc cars

Hey I was just wondering what you guys did w/ your old rc cars, do you sell them continue to hop them up, or ???

Suprachrgd82 05-08-2007 06:35 PM

RE: What do you do w/ your old rc cars

Sell 'em on ebay, and buy new cars with the dough.

hands without shadows 05-08-2007 08:50 PM

Sell 'em or keep 'em depending on how much I like it, how the good the memories are, how much I could get for it, and how durable it is (if its really durable its good for letting random people drive and get their feet wet without giving you a heart attack).

46u 05-08-2007 09:16 PM

All the above but trash them.

RCtruckRacer 05-08-2007 09:27 PM

I have also given them away in hopes of getting a new person into racing. Its worked about 50% of the time.

mindwreck 05-08-2007 09:44 PM

same

ORIGINAL: 46u

All the above but trash them.

cheech4 05-08-2007 10:04 PM

i either sell them on ebay, or privately, or use them for parts

Nitro Fumes 05-09-2007 05:31 AM

Actually I hung on to mine for many years. I had a 1/8 Serpent Excel that was my main car I used to race from '88 to '92. I also had a Kyosho Inferno from the period. I just used to bash it. And I had Losi 1/10 electric ST from about '94 that I had only done a little racing with. Then moving around due to layoffs and finding new jobs I just wasn't living in areas where racing was going on. I had been out of the hobby for quite a while already. So I unloaded everything cheap. Then last year I got back into the hobby so I had to buy new again. I had been out of the hobby for about 14 years so my cars were obsolete anyway. But I could have used my radios and tools and tackle box.

Foxy 05-09-2007 08:22 AM

ROFLMAO I'm the only who voted trash 'em. threw my thunder tiger ts4n in the bin about a month ago. Harvested everything useful first of course, but then it was dumpster fodder. Being in greece, I can't sell something on ebay for $50, anyone likely to buy it would have to pay $40 for delivery. So, in the bin it went.

I recently sold my Hyper 7 with all it's original RTR stuff, working perfectly for 200E. Not bad...that all went into the NT1 of course.

drevil 05-09-2007 03:21 PM

I had a number of old R/C cars (and boats) and decided to sell them all a few years back to get some cash for a large scale buggy. The funny thing is that I'm finding myself buying alot of the old stuff again, such as I sold my Clodbusters and then last year I bought another one, and I sold my F1 car, and now I'm buying a new touring car.