RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Fuel Line Problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/8287910-fuel-line-problem.html)

SpeeDsTeR0011 12-27-2008 04:47 PM

Fuel Line Problem

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the fuel line going under the tank? It seems like the 2 speed gear is rubbing on the line and cutting it. No matter where i put the hose it happens!

helivaguy 12-27-2008 06:23 PM

RE: Fuel Line Problem

a few thing you can try..
use a plastic fuel line elbow or aluminum tubing and bend it,flip tank around,get a non-primer tank,or make a shield out of lexan.

unlucky13 01-25-2009 02:24 PM

Yeah I had that problem too. but I just put fuel lines for a chain saw on my car. they are stiffer and thicker.
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/DSC00755.jpg
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/DSC01132.jpg
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/DSC01134.jpg

iexion 01-25-2009 04:47 PM

The best salution for the is to get the racing fuel tank. the has the fuel nipple tords the top of the tank. other idea is to get re align the tube AWAY from the clutch bell

jarredjoffe 01-25-2009 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so here is what i did with my fuel line.

i even put nail hardener on the cuts and slits that happened because of the gears rubbing against the line.

then i tapped the fuel line to the handle just above the gears and the fuel line is now clear of the gears, even though its still around 1cm from the gears, its not moving around because of the tape.

Car-Tune 01-31-2009 05:18 AM

You can zip tie it to the handle on the top, or what I did was take off the screw off the tank on the nearest side of the gears and then put in there a servo spacer. put the screw thru one hole and pushed it ove to hold the fuel line into the gap so it wont get thru there.

if you need a better expanation let me know and I will tell you better... its better off than the zip tie over the top

jarredjoffe 02-01-2009 03:52 PM

i need some help,
i go outside to take advantage of the sunny day were having in Toronto with my rs4 evo+3. i decided to replace my R5 Cold glow plug with a Hot glow plug. im all excited and ready to send that car into outer space until i put in my rotostart, crank it, and nothing happens. i do this a couple times. then i prime the engine once more. when i pressed the primer i almost shat myself as a shot of 20%nitro fuel sprays me in the face. like it wasn't cold enough outside. btw i had ran into problems with the fuel line and the gears getting it on, but solved that when i bandaged the fuel line to the handle. well, the fuel line has a pea hole in it and my ****ing day is ruined.

i was going through my tool box when i saw some black tubing from the inside of a toilet. the tubing is clean don't worry, but i don't know if its up to it. i measured it with my brand new measuring device thing that measures diameters and stuff. would the tubing get ruined from the cold nitro fuel? should i test it maybe.

either way im going to buy real fuel line. i don't know what to get, the woven metal line stuff, or the regular fuel line? or should i get macro line. i love macro line, i use it for my paintball gun when i made a air-thru- stock. just to be certain what is the exact measurements of the fuel line required for my RS4 evo+3? should i also buy a fuel filter? ahhhhh so many questions!!! were can or should i buy the stuff from? home depot? Canadian tire? can i use Latex tubing? i used latex tubing to make paintball grenades(the stuff works amazing under pressure)

please let me know car boy(your method) or anybody!!!

Car-Tune 02-01-2009 09:57 PM

First of all if you cant make it to the store right, right now... Id try to use a lighter and try and melt the hole shut if that were to work. Superglue might work but do it carefuly and try not to get it inside the tube.
Before you use any tubing, dip it in nitro fuel and let it sit for like 30 min and see if it does melt. Dont measure it just fit it and see if it will hold on to your tank and engine.
Or, what I did once, I cut a piece off of my cars windshield wiper water sprayer, that work perfect but the bad part was that is was black and you couldnt see the fuel.
Yes, do buy a fuel filter. Will save your engine.

jarredjoffe 02-02-2009 02:29 PM

alright, so i ordered the fuel line for a chainsaw to replace it. the line is to the dot size. 2.008mm id i think. it comes in a foot length and is yellow. shipping was 2.40 and 1 foot cost 1$. the stuff looks pretty thick. do you know were i can buy a cheap fuel filter? and how to mount the tank the other way around? my lhs is was to expensive with fuel filters.

Car-Tune 02-02-2009 09:44 PM

The Tower has fuel filters for like $8, Watch out for the inner hole of the new tube that you will be using... it may be to small inside cus you were saying that the tube in pretty thick so that might make the hole smaller.

jarredjoffe 02-03-2009 09:31 PM

what method were you talking about with moving the tank around and stuff? do you have pictures? that would be cool.
thanks

Car-Tune 02-03-2009 10:17 PM

He means make the tank face the other way.

unlucky13 03-03-2009 03:48 AM

So I ran my car the other day and well yeah the damn vent tube from the tank to the pipe kind melted inside the pipe. So looks like I'm back the using the stock line. Also I know this is offtopic but can someone send me the link for parts? I need a idle screw. Mine bounced out sometime ago.

dayz 07-08-2009 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: SpeeDsTeR0011

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the fuel line going under the tank? It seems like the 2 speed gear is rubbing on the line and cutting it. No matter where i put the hose it happens!

hey, i noticed that was going to be a problem the second I got my RS4 3 Evo. I dont understand why they would make a fuel line so close to the gears. I just mounted the fuel tank the other way. You will need new fuel line when doing this because the fuel line they give you will be to short and you have to route the fuel line a longer way. It works great this way.