RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Do you ever get bored of driving your rc car? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/8847488-do-you-ever-get-bored-driving-your-rc-car.html)

prestonlal 06-13-2009 05:15 PM

RE: Do you ever get bored of driving your rc car?

1 Attachment(s)
i hear what you say!...i really enjoy working on my cars...here's some pics of the conversion i did a couple weeks ago...

prestonlal 06-13-2009 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some more...still gotta paint the wing...

skippy7399 06-13-2009 06:11 PM

This is a great question that seems most of us are answering, yes. Which I why I took up flying, it's a hell of lot harder and keeps my reactions keen and requires lots of concentration. Yet when I came into cars I was bored stupid! Because I was driving cheap store bought electric cars. However I recently got my self a glow 1/8 truggy and wow! Not gonna get bored with this thing. It's fast, loud, fun and did I mention fast? I thought planes are fun because they require lots of concentration, so does this truggy, one laps of attention and this things gone! So bored? Maybe after a while. Fun? Hell ya!   

redfisher1974 06-13-2009 06:22 PM

Sometimes i put my RC away before the battery runs out.....would be more fun with a few more bashers.

Paul103 06-13-2009 09:13 PM

Wow, thanks for the great replies. I've decided to buy the Jato. I talked to some friendly people at my lhs and got almost everything for the car, they were a bit dissapointed when i told them that
I would buy the car off of ebay for 359 instead of the 445 that they wanted http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif. I also have a huge parking lot a short walk from my house so I don't think i'll hit anything. I read through almost the whole official jato thread and learned
alot about nitro cars from other sources. Now the hardest part... the wait till the car arrives

Savage_Dias 06-13-2009 09:40 PM

On rare occasions I get a little bored with my Savage or my Ofna because they function the way I want them to so I pull out my 3rd nitro. After it flames out a few times, the battery dumps for no reason, or it breaks I appreciate the other two so much all my worries are gone. One of these days I'll dump a ton of money into the 3rd one & find out what I've been missing. Until then I'll use it to appreciate the others even more.

Fade2Black1 06-14-2009 08:16 AM

Honestly i did. But I also come from the RC Plane scene, and I find it much more "rewarding"? No offence with that comment ment, but I would go out with friends with my truggy, rip a few laps around and call it a day. I would honestly last about and hour, go home, grab one or two of my planes, go out to our local club, and burn through a gallon of nitro.

Just my .02 cents

ProRCRacer88 06-15-2009 08:59 AM

i get bored when im running alone. When theres atleast 1 other person there running something that can at least kep up with mines, its alot more fun. I only run the truggy in my sig right now but all the offroad tracks are about a hr drive away from where i live. Theres 1 onroad track by me but ita only open every 2 sundays if its not raining.

Jeremy Z 06-15-2009 01:36 PM

I get bored of driving once in a while.

A good idea is to buy a learner plane & radio instead of the next car.

When it is too windy to fly, drive.

When you're getting bored of driving, go fly.

If it is windy and you're bored, get one of those stunt kites or get an indoor hobby. (I play chess)

MTboy 06-15-2009 02:15 PM

The most boring part is waiting for parts to come so you can drive. 

ElectricGuy007 06-16-2009 02:31 PM

Sometimes, but bashing by yourself gets boring. So its better to go to the track to see people you know.
If you not racing your not getting the full potential out of your RC car or truck.