RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Revo 3.3. Vs. Losi Ten T (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/9603206-revo-3-3-vs-losi-ten-t.html)

JoDyO 03-22-2010 05:23 PM

Revo 3.3. Vs. Losi Ten T

Hi, I currently have a Revo 3.3 and am maybe wanting to get rid of it and get something different. I know that the Revo and the Ten T aren't the same really at all but when I saw the right-up in Popular Science I was immediately curious. It seems like it is built quite well and the ROSS system seems like it would be something nice to have. The only part that I'm really not digging is the fact there is no reverse on the Ten T. Is it possible to put reverse on it or not? Also, what else would be the main difference that I might have overlooked between the two? Thanks.

sheograth 03-23-2010 08:02 PM

RE: Revo 3.3. Vs. Losi Ten T

The Ten-T is fine but all the ROSS stuff seems pretty gimmicky and useless. I mean yeah it's convenient and cool but it adds a lot of weight and overall "bloat factor" to the car. Personally I'd see the Ten-T as a downgrade from a Revo 3.3 in terms of fun factor unless you really really want onboard starting or something. If you want something new check out higher end trucks like the LST XXL, Savage XL, etc. Lots of good electric monster trucks out there now too like the Savage Flux. If you have the money to spare also consider 1/5 scale stuff like the HPI Baja or the FG Monster Truck. Once you go giant scale gas you'll never look at the small stuff the same way again :D

mrsmartjohnson 03-24-2010 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: sheograth

The Ten-T is fine but all the ROSS stuff seems pretty gimmicky and useless. I mean yeah it's convenient and cool but it adds a lot of weight and overall "bloat factor" to the car. Personally I'd see the Ten-T as a downgrade from a Revo 3.3 in terms of fun factor unless you really really want onboard starting or something. If you want something new check out higher end trucks like the LST XXL, Savage XL, etc. Lots of good electric monster trucks out there now too like the Savage Flux. If you have the money to spare also consider 1/5 scale stuff like the HPI Baja or the FG Monster Truck. Once you go giant scale gas you'll never look at the small stuff the same way again :D
I have ran my friend revo 3.3 and my Losi ten-t wil smoke it in every category, except running through higher clearance areas. i have over a gallon on mine. no problems with the ROSS yet! I have 49 & 51 MPH. It is easy to tune and hold's it tune unlike the 3.3. The major difference is the Ten-T is a truggy and the revo is a MT. Truggys will always outperform a MT any day! The Ten-T is cheaper ($404.95 shipped from ultimate hobbies) and come with radio and telemetry receiver which sale used for $200. I have run mine at the Nitro-Pit here in AZ, and I have actually beaten it's big brother the Eight-T 2.0 around the track. When my friend brought his Revo 3.3 out to the track, I nearly lapped him and he broke a-arm trying to keep up! No comparison in Rc's. The revo is a great MT that handles good but wil never hang with a truggy. The Ten-t is based off the big brother Eight-t that is always winning titles, and they didn't scrimp down on parts like most companies usually do with RTR's. The Ten-T is truley RTR, just add fuel, everything else is standard including LIPO receiver battery and charger also including radio batteries as well. I have recommended it to several people on here and they have all loved it and thanked me personally for recommending it to them. You could actually part it out and make money on it for the price ultimatehobbies.com is giving it away from. Buy it you will love it, on the track it is a BEAST!!!!

piddlefoot 03-25-2010 05:34 AM

Well you have a Revo, l recon there better than all truggies for the fun factor, thats not to say there tougher than all of them, some they are some they are not, but a truggy is easier to work on, theres nothing to em, electric truggies reverse is easy, nitro truggies, usually come with a centre diff over a gear box, one reason the truggy drive line is alot stronger than a plastic cogs/shafts revos !

Personally l would keep the revo, but you sound like you want the truggy and just want to know if there any good, well the post above didnt lie either.
In saying that lve had 5 , 3.3TRX engines before l went over to OS for the revo, and every single one of my engines was run in properly, and every single one lasted, tuned well, and was powerfull.for a 3.3trx anyways.
Ive never busted a 3.3TRX conrod.As soon as there run lean for a day or two the hairline fractures in the metal are created, its game over for the conrod , why, because when they get to hot, the TRX 3.3's conrod expands to muchcreating hairline fractures in the metal, at some point it will fail, how many TRX conrods have you seen posted on this sight alone ? !! LOL!

mrsmartjohnson 03-25-2010 10:17 AM

I also don't agree that the R.O.S.S. is extra weight bloat factor! I have mine tuned perfectly and it rips, it will do full burnouts and donuts in asphalt for as long as you like doing them, power is unbelievable!!! The ROSS system is awesome, guys that hate it have never actually used it, it works great for starting it remotely, no having to plug glow igniter on and using a roto start, just push botton on remote and away you go. The factory settings are really safe settings, once you break it in, retune it for unbelievable power!!!!

diorio 04-06-2010 07:59 PM

JoDyO the losi ten t is good and bad first the ross system takes up alot of the battery so i recomend getting e better lipo battery for and also theross system helps alot trust me i own the ten t and the revo 3.3