Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Getting back into the scene

Old 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM
rock-god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting back into the scene

Hey everyone,
I haven't been into this R/C scene since I was a kid in high school. Then a few years ago I boought an electric car and played around a little bit until my kids started coming.My car has been on the shelf ever since, going on 5 years.I don't remember as muchas I used to know about these R/CCars.
I pulled it out for my 4 year old son and remembered that my tires are shot.
Anyway, long story short, put new batteries in the ECC andradioand charged up the car's battery and turned it on...the ECC keeps beeping at me.
A steady beep beep beep etc...
I know it would prob help if I knew the exact brand but I don't.
I have a Tamiya Baja Champ, with an Airtronics controller.
I know 5 years is a lot to expect out of my battery, but even if it was unchargable, would my ECC still beep like that?
I got new tires on the way (so hard to find for this car), and will be getting a new battery for the car.
Just would like to know if I need to get a new ECC or if it might just be because of an unchargable dead battery?

Any help is appreciated. Would love to get my son into the real R/C world instead of the little Tyco's he's had.