Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

MX3 vs 3PL vs SRX

Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
EvaderSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX3 vs 3PL vs SRX

I have been looking into a new radio system because I now have some nice cars and what not and only one nice radio that came with my AE RC18T that I just use for all of them and always having to calibrate everything can get to be a pain and the DSM stuff is just nice. I have been looking at the Airtronics MX3, Futaba 3PL, Hitec SRX and also the Hitec 3DS but that one doesn't have a digital display like the other two. I am leaning towards the the Airtronics MX3 or the Hitec SRX because I just like both those brands particularly Hitec but the Airtronics is a little bit cheaper so it certainly is a toss up. What is everybody's opinion on these? I suspect it is a toss up since all 3 of these brands are very high quality brands. Let me know what you guys think. They are just being used for bashing and what not and I was also wondering if these can be used on an electric boat too?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:41 PM
supertib

Default RE: MX3 vs 3PL vs SRX

Airtronics Mt4...don't settle for anything less
Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 AM
EvaderSpeedRacer

Sorry but I'm not getting a radio thats 2 times as much as both the trucks I'm using it for combined. Especially since I will just be bashing in my front yard and stuff and will most likely never race. Thank you for the input but since I am only using it for 2 or 3 trucks that are just pure bashing trucks in my front yard and on some dirtbike trails I just want a quality, entry-level 2.4Ghz spectrum pistol grip.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Fractured

I have an mx3x and I love it. Light, comfortable, and menus are easy to navigate on the fly. I'm into rc, but I am not by any means hardcore. I use it for an E-firetorm and cup racer. I will probably get one or two more and plan on keeping it for those too. There are a ton of options and parameters too, but I havent really meesed with them. I plugged it in out of the box and all I have to do is reverse the steering servo for my two cars. Other than that it was plug and play.