Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Need a transmitter for a futaba fpr113ip

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Need a transmitter for a futaba fpr113ip

Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
delray901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a transmitter for a futaba fpr113ip

I bought a bunch of quarter scale cars and I need a transmitter for one of them. It has afpr113ip reciever and a 5 cell 1.2 volt battery pack. I'm sure the pack is bad. I need a transmitter and battery. What should I buy that will work with this?
Old 10-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need a transmitter for a futaba fpr113ip

I would suggest that trying to match a transmitter to an existing receiver is perhaps going about it the wrong way. FM receivers are 10 a penny (literally) these days.

Here's a suggestion... get one of these... http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html and as many extra receivers as cars you want to run, you can bind them all to this radio and it has all the adjustments you will ever need. Being 2.4Ghz you will never have to worry about interference from other RC users or ambient concerns and you will have a long range.

As hard to believe as it is that a good radio can be had for this money, trust me, it is, I've used them.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
delray901

The only wrinkle is that this is a quarter scale car. It has a big throttle / brake servo and two steering servos. I'm not sure if this radio would be compatible with my servos.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Steve.

Don't trust your 1/4 scaler to a cheap radio like the FlySky! The truth is that the Futaba PCM RX was top of the line in 1991 and is still manufactured today however you are sure to encounter some kind of interference at some time especially in a car with an ignition and spark plug. You can find a Futaba 3PB, 3PDF, 3PJS, or 3PKS FM used. 3PB, 3PDF,and 3PJS radios can be had dirt cheap. They will transmit in PCM provided they have the same band FM TX module.

The best bet is to just bite the bullet and buy something like the Futaba 4PL and not worry about frequency conflicts. It has all the features you'd ever need and then some. It's only $220, not cheap, but cheap insurance against a run away You should also have a kill switch to cut the engine no matter what radio you choose.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Steve.

Don't trust your 1/4 scaler to a cheap radio like the FlySky! The truth is that the Futaba PCM RX was top of the line in 1991 and is still manufactured today however you are sure to encounter some kind of interference at some time especially in a car with an ignition and spark plug. You can find a Futaba 3PB, 3PDF, 3PJS, or 3PKS FM used. 3PB, 3PDF,and 3PJS radios can be had dirt cheap. They will transmit in PCM provided they have the same band FM TX module.

The best bet is to just bite the bullet and buy something like the Futaba 4PL and not worry about frequency conflicts. It has all the features you'd ever need and then some. It's only $220, not cheap, but cheap insurance against a run away You should also have a kill switch to cut the engine no matter what radio you choose.
The flysky is more than up to the job. I would use it happily in cars worth twice the dollar as that 1/4. What exactly is it that you think makes the Flysky inferior? I'm a Futaba user and apart from the adjustable trigger, I cannot think of anything THAT I USE on the Futaba which isn't on the Flysky (throttle exp on the flysky doesn't work, this is well known, but I never use it on my Futaba either, not for my gassers nor my electrics, my finger is my exp). A radio is a radio, it either works or it doesn't, and I haven't heard of any premature failures of the flysky or its 8 buck receivers, therefore I have stopped recommending expensive 2.4Ghz solutions (despite being a 3pk user myself for 12 years), I will not advocate these companies charging $100 for a reciever when the flysky ones are EIGHT DOLLARS and smaller, lighter and equally reliable (my spektrum recievers have failed in the past, it can happen to any brand). A 4pl will do no more to prevent runaways than a flysky either. The only way to guard against that is to run a killswitch, which should be essential kit anyway.

If you have the dollar to spare and want a 'great' radio, go for a 4pk, now that IS a special radio. But don't bother with anything in between. Either spend 400 or 40 dollars, because the difference between the $150 to $200 radios and the flysky is not quantifiable in reality.

Delray regarding your concern about your servos, just run a power line directly to your servos if you're worried, but I'm pretty sure the flysky carries as much or more current than that FM that was already in there.

To be honest, I agree with Steve in that if you've got cars worth so much money it seems kind of cheap to go for the flysky, why not just spend the extra and get a really good radio, but whatever you do, don't bother with that FM receiver, just chuck it out, it's worthless. Whether you spend a little or a lot, just make sure you get a 2.4Ghz system.

I tell you what...if you get the flysky and you don't like it, or it's not compatible for any reason, I will buy it off you for the price you paid for it (including international shipping). I'm looking to pick up another one anyway. No word of a lie, consider that my personal guarantee.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:45 AM
delray901

I am leaning towards a 3prka. It's not too expensive and seems like a pretty good radio for the money. Good reviews. Other than high reciver costs it's pretty cheap and available locally.