Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

what transmitter should i get

Old 11-27-2011, 06:10 AM
niteinblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what transmitter should i get

Ihave multiple rc's the scx-10 and a slash thati will be going into competition with both what transmitter is recommened i should get? thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
chonyc77

Default RE: what transmitter should i get

I have had nothing but good experiences with Spektrum transmitters. My first decent transmitter was the Spektrum DX3s, which i have been using for the last 4 or 5 years with zero problems. It was time to buy a new transmitter the other day and since i buy all my stuff from my LHS, the owner gave me a good deal on the DX3R pro and i picked it up for 270 which i thought was a good deal comparing to other retailers prices.

If you plan on racing you mite want to have a look at the DX3R pro. It is a really nice system and offers pretty good options. I havent had it long enough to give a detailed review on it but i could tell you that it is nice and light, is extremely comfortable, has great range (tried this out the other night at the mall parking lot). Was able to go about four blocks before losing reception. Was having a really hard time seeing it actually.

Well if the DX3R pro is anything like the DX3s i have been using the last 4 years plus the added features, i will be very happy with it myself and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a kick-ass transmitter.

Good luck with your new transmitter. Hope i helped out a bit, Al.....
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
niteinblue

thank you i end up buying the dx3 pro your input was a great help thanks again
Old 04-01-2013, 03:00 AM
benlinus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have great experience with Spektrum DX3S and DX3R. Thedx3s is aimed more at a newer RTR novice driver and the dx3r is more a ofexpert pro level and at the expert pro level you don't need to know your engineRPM's and Temp and all that stuff. The big difference between DX3R and DX3S isthat DX3R uses DSM2 technology. The response time on a DX3R is faster than theSpektrum DX3S, but for the telemetry features, reading temps off the radio,reading RPMs, and it's light weight... totally worth it!