Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

new flyskys

Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new flyskys

was looking at random ebay stuff and came across new flysky radios just wondering if anyone has one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-GT...item27c6de6b42

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-GT...item2570b53159

Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new flyskys

Hadn't seen them. Interesting. I hope they don't discontinue the GT3B, I prefer it to the 3C, firmware problems and all.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
echthelion

wondering what the range will be with a 3.7v battery

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Foxy

To be honest, considering I have an electric screwdriver (3.7v) that can twist your hand off your wrist at the tendons, I wouldn't worry. As long as the right tech is in there, the available power is more than enough for good range.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
echthelion

true
Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

wow and people complained about how the last ones looked kinda ugly these take the cake [:@]

doubt I will get either of them seeing the 8 AA's don't bother me much seeing I just run a 3S lipo in mine.

only one I would consider is the 2b to replace my GT2 for my Jammin X1 seeing I never changed that radio over to lipos due to it not having a built in voltage display
Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Johnnysplits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well im gonna give the GT3C a thumbs down. I got mine a few weeks ago. On the third use, I had my baja flying across the parking lot when out of nowhere, the radio shut itself off. The killer bee switch did it's job, but I had no steering or brakes. So the baja wound up crashing face first into the back tire of my real car, then proceeded to climb up the back door and finally flipped back onto the ground. So now the custom chassis that I made for it is twisted into a pretzel and my real car has a nice crease in the door. The Rx lipo was fully charged before I left to go out. I've been working on it since and still can't get it to turn on. The switch works fine so it's not that. I took it apart and didn't see anything out of place. So im just writing this off as an experiment gone bad...no more cheap radio equipment for me. I've always used Futaba & Airtronicsbut thought I would give this unit a try just for s&g's. FAIL!!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:30 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had never had a problem with my flysky's but I also wouldn't trust one with a 30lb car, sorry to hear that happen.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

I had never had a problem with my flysky's but I also wouldn't trust one with a 30lb car, sorry to hear that happen.
Yeah man...live and learn. Do you have the new GT3C?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

errr that RX lipo question about it. does it have a voltage regulator(UBEC) on it prior to the RX?

cause if not you fried the receiver plain and simple seeing if it was fully charged it was pumping 8.4 volts into a reciever designed for 6volts. I wouldn't fault the radio for that if it was the case.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Foxy

I'll be buying a 3C shortly just out of curiosity, I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Johnnysplits

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

errr that RX lipo question about it. does it have a voltage regulator(UBEC) on it prior to the RX?

cause if not you fried the receiver plain and simple seeing if it was fully charged it was pumping 8.4 volts into a reciever designed for 6volts. I wouldn't fault the radio for that if it was the case.
Sory that was a typo there. I meant the Tx lipo was fully charged. I run a LiFe on the Rx.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I'll be buying a 3C shortly just out of curiosity, I'll let you all know how it goes.
I'll be interested to hear your opinion, Foxy. Dang tho, you don't think it's kinda butt-ugly? My buddy has the 3B, he's happy with it. Looks better....

That's a darn shame about your radio Johnny. It's the risk we take on a budget. But if you got it from HobbyPartz, they should warrent it. They're good about that.