Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

setup question for my 3PK

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 02:38 PM
tooloud74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default setup question for my 3PK

I recently converted my MGT to brushless and love it. The only thing is when at 14+ volts I constantly fight with the steering. I have the whell by my thumb to turn it down but I was wondering if there is a way to have its travel limited as the throttle is increased. Can that be done?
Old 08-13-2012, 11:01 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: setup question for my 3PK

I own a 3PKS and Ihaven't found a feature like that. Let me be sure Iunderstand you correctly; you are asking if the radio can automatically turn down the dual rate as throttle travel increases? That sounds more like a mixing feature and like I said, I'm not sure that it has that capability. I'll thumb through the manual and see if Ican find anything.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 PM
tooloud74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep thats it. I have looked over the manual but I havent found anything. I have made a few changes that helped a little. You have to admit it would be pretty cool though. Running 14.8 in the grass not bad and easily controllable. Run on pavement and, it gets a little less so. Maybe there is a way to mix it but even then Im not sure how that would be set up. I still use the third channel for the trans.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't find anything that suggests this radio can do that. The new 4PKS-R might be able to as it advertises mixing capabilities.

What do you mean by fighting the steering? Is the truck oversteering and spinning out a lot? If anything, the faster you go the less responsive it becomes. I have a Savage Flux and while at speed on pavement it feels like it wants to do its own thing. I've noticed that dialing in a little bit of negative steering EXPO can make the on-center feeling a little softer and may help with straight line tracking. You can also setup that EXPO curve so that the servo action can vary depending on how much you turn the wheel.