Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Airtronics MX-V (aka Sanwa MX-V))

Old 09-22-2012, 02:24 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Airtronics MX-V (aka Sanwa MX-V))

Does anyone have any input on the Airtronics/Sanwa MX-V? Have already "bought into" Airtronics, with two other receivers and the cheaper MX3X.. Slowly though I need more receivers, and they cost €60 apiece, while the MX-V costs €90.. My current radio is too heavy and clunky, and 8 AA's is a PIA... I really want an MT-4, but just don't have the funds now..(and want other things too..)
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics MX-V (aka Sanwa MX-V))

So, mine just arrived. Unboxed it, and first impression..................... very good. Plastic quality feels very good, and it looks better than I expected. In online pictures it looks sort of awkwardly head-heavy or something. But in person it looks very much like an MT-4, without the handle up top.

I've been using the MX Sport the last few months, and this seems like a very nice step up..

Minus points for the MX Sport:
1.) big and clunky - especially the base.. Gets banged and caught up on stuff..
2.) 8x AA batteries. PIA to charge (have to charge 4x twice..)
3.) I've been finding recently that it's easy - too easy - to unintentionally turn off.
4.) Extremely basic display
5.) RTR feel - wobbly buttons etc..

Here in Germany anyway, just the receiver for the MX Sport costs more than the MX Sport with receiver!! So IDK, I might have to pick up another one.. (need a fourth receiver to run all my cars now on the MX-V)

Can't say more about it yet, but for the price so far anyway the MX-V makes a good impression. Nice quality feel, compact, only 4 AA's, trigger seems firmer than the Sport, etc.. Will report more as I use it.