Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

new guy here...

Old 12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Xijt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here...

as title says im new so im sure my post might be in the wrong section but anywho..

i recently bought a micro t and was playing with it, well i started to notice that a brand new car bought from the store could only go about 10 feet in front of me and cut in and out. i would have imagined that a car that costed 140 (bought the better battery pack) would go a bit further then this.. i took the crystals out and inserted them back into it to see if something funky was going on with the connection. still nothing, took the crystal back out of the remote and tried to insert it back in not putting much pressure and the contact points for the crystal broke off the remote... SO now then, i was wondering what remote would be a good canidate to replace the stock remote without spending a ton on such a small car. im sure i can send the car off and such and such but thats a waste of time and if the old one broke that easy i dont want another. also not sure if you can just buy the remote itself or if i need to replace the board also.

any advice is much appreciated.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new guy here...

by broke off do you mean the crystal bottom is broken off in the radio? or that the board broke that the crystal goes into?

if its the crystal broke in the radio try opening the radio and using needle nose pliers or a screw driver to pull the bottom out of the crystal.

side note the losi micro I have had like 12 foot range their range is pretty abysmal if you ask me which is one reason I only used mine 2 times in 3 years
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

That's weird about the distance. I can go all around my house and no cutting out. I bought mine used off of this sites marketplace and it does have an antenna mod on it so the antenna is now strait up in the air. That may help your distance. As for your crystals, Just try to remove the broken piece and you should be able to go to your LHS and get a new crystal or crystal set. they are fairly cheap.. 

Keep me updated on how it goes or if it is all set now bud..... I'm new here too...

Best of luck!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Zrock

What kind of batteries are you running n the remote? Some of the cheep brands do not deliver enough power for electronics like that. I have a home alarm with wireless censors and it actually gave me a listing of batteries not to use. I tryed a few of them and sure enough the system would not even power up. Stick with a good Duracell or Energizer or good quality rechargable