Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Flysky GT3C

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 AM
cirec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flysky GT3C

Anyone who has this, do you have problems with the power switch? I read that the factory has taken notice and fixed it. So anyone who has one tell me when you bought it. I'm using this for racing just FYI. I posted about the Airtronics and Radiopost radios but then I remembered Flysky and I will not use many of the features on the Airtronics and Radiopost radios. And I spent the money on a SCTE roller.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Johnnysplits

Default RE: Flysky GT3C

I bought one as an experiment to see if the less expensive radio systems are any good. The GT3B got so many good reviews. But the GT3C - FAIL!! The switch broke the third time I used it. Along with other issues this POS has I will never again buy cheap radio equipment.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:53 PM
cirec

Do you know when you bought your GT3C? I was wondering if it's only the first batch of radios had the problem. I would get the GT3B but I then need to spend more money to convert it to lipo because I don't like how it needs 8 AA batteries. I don't even know how to convert it either.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Johnnysplits

When they first came out...within the last year.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cirec

Do you know when you bought your GT3C? I was wondering if it's only the first batch of radios had the problem. I would get the GT3B but I then need to spend more money to convert it to lipo because I don't like how it needs 8 AA batteries. I don't even know how to convert it either.
to convert it to lipo you need a $9 or so battery(http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1800-2s1p-20c-2222.html should fit), and a battery connector. If you have a lipo charger this is relatively cheap, and you can take multiple batteries with not just pray the one will last like in the GT3c
Basically to do the conversion you just unscrew the screws that hold it together (can just take the few on the bottom out and it will pop open enough to remove the tray)
Cut the red, and black wire. to disconnect the tray
solder on whatever connector you want to use (I use JST personally for this) just make sure the +/- match the wire color

some people cut the original tray down so they can add rails to hold the battery compartment in place, I personally didn't bother this is optional.

can't comment on the GT3c as I don't own one, and prolly never will, but I own a GT2, GT3, and GT3b and outside power hungry voltage regulators can't really find anything really wrong with them(original GT3 had a weak trigger piece that broke on me it cost like 3 cents to fix no issues in the 2 years since repair). I've dropped mine down staircases, off my cars trunk etc and they still work fine.

I use a 1800mah 3s in mine, and find it lasts I'd guess about 3-4 hours as I charge it probably every 3rd or 4th time out
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 AM
hamradioracer

I've got one I purchased 2 months ago and so far the power switch works fine. I also hacked it to the new firmware, and it is an excellent radio. I'm never paying $200-$300 again for a radio.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 AM
cirec

I've heard that even though it has model memory, you have to bind it every time you switch models. Anybody have that problem?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Sixtysixdeuce

I bought a GT3B, piece of junk. Very glitchy, and sent my built .32 powered RC10GT careening off at well over 50MPH. Luckily, it flipped over and the engine starved out before it hit something causing damage or injury; A 7 lb truck at those speeds would shatter an ankle.

Decided to try it on my RC10CE brushless buggy to see if nitro static was causing the issue; it was even worse there. Major lag in throttle response-both on and off. That test cost me a control arm.

I'm staying away from FS. With the brand new Associated XP3SSi, Axial AX3 and TRX TQi 2.4 take-off combos going for $30-$40 on ebay, no reason to dick around with a questionable product. The GT3 had some cool features and the $10 extra RX price was appealing, but they're useless if the system doesn't perform basic functions properly.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Eman77

I've yet to have an issue with my GT3Bs (I have 2 of them, running multiple models each). Certainly not any glitches nor model memory issues. The cheap Rx price is a huge win in my opinion. Dumping $50 per Rx is ludicrous when you have a lot of models to run.

I can't speak to the GT3C though, would be curious to hear how they're doing now.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 AM
hamradioracer

My gt3c has worked flawlessly for 2 months now. Hacked the firmware, and I love it.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 AM
swervo

i had to wire in a new power switch , located out of the way in the ' armpit ' . after 2 years of occasional use the scroll button has become intermittent but still works . otherwise a great deal for $50 .