Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

ideas on radio with three position 3rd channel?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

ideas on radio with three position 3rd channel?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ideas on radio with three position 3rd channel?

I am looking for an inexpensive (Hobby King level) radio with a 3 position 3rd channel for crawling. Everything I look at is either 2 position or it does not say. I have done the Traxxas switch mod before but would prefer something factory built this time...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the only one I know of. If you buy one, please let me know how you get on with it, I've been thinking about buying one lately.

http://store.rc4wd.com/XR4-4-Channel...dio_p_676.html
Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Foxy

I ordered one for my comp crawler, didn't want to go to sticks with my DX5e. I'll let you know how it goes, but tbh, I'm expecting it to do everything I need it to do, since its 2.4Ghz, has a micro receiver, EPAs, EXPs and a 3 pos 3rd channel. What could go wrong? lol, famous last words.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Foxy

Got the radio, set it up. Not bad at all for the money. Typical Chinese lightweight plastic construction, with minimalist labelling. Throttle has a nice soft spring at least. All the adjustments appear to be working, and it has all that you need for a moa crawler with electronic dig. The third channel 3 position switch, which of course is going to be the reason that most people buy this radio, is a plastic slider with 3 positions, it is arguably the cheapest feeling thing on the radio, and is a bit sticky too, nothing a little silicone won't fix.

Overall for price and what it does, I give it a 7 out of 10.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the info/review. I think I will just mod a Traxxas TQ-3 for now- have done this before and it works ok. But Christmas is coming and the wife is bugging me for gift ideas - this would make a good box under the tree. ;o)