Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

They Say "World's most advanced Ready-To-RaceŽ radio system" how about you?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

They Say "World's most advanced Ready-To-RaceŽ radio system" how about you?

Old 09-06-2014, 06:23 AM
Darion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They Say "World's most advanced Ready-To-RaceŽ radio system" how about you?

I'm looking at buying my 8yr old an RC truck to bash around with mine. I have alway bought "kits" but seems that RTR is what I will have in this case. Although I mail order the cars/trucks its nice to have local support for parts which limits me to Traxxas and HPI mostly.

So whats the issue right, I have never been to impressed with the electronics that package in the RTR's which is why I buy kits. I have liked Castle and Futaba.

How is the TQi2.4 in the E-Maxx Brushless, links below
http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...emaxxbrushless
http://traxxas.com/products/parts/tr...traxxaslink2ch

I realize they will work but how have they held up? Is the quality of build good? Is the servo system junky?

Thanks for the info and view point,

Pat
Old 09-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Darion

Small change of plan. My son decided he would rather have a Traxxas Stampede, 4x4 or 2wd, he doesn't care. Question is still the same though. I did stop by our LHS and they have really competitive prices and will match any price online from a store. I'll just go with them which is great!

Patrick
Old 01-15-2015, 08:13 AM
badmaxx

I ran 75mhz. FM for years , switched up & gave 2.4 a try. Oh boy! problem after another. First off , its not just a radio change , count on servos & a whole other gauntlet of issues. My supermaxx , due to the aluminum involved , could never accept any 2.4 equipment. My hitec MG servos really hate it. I have since , moved back to all 75mhz. synthesized equipment. Virtually no glitching , good distance ect... For me , 2.4 is a passing fad , which I woke up to before any wrecks.