Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Carson rx/tx with Tamiya esc reverse issues

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Carson rx/tx with Tamiya esc reverse issues

Old 05-17-2020, 08:55 AM
Kdvd72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson rx/tx with Tamiya esc reverse issues

Hi there,
Still pretty much a noob, though I am a sparky, and always had an interest in electronics.
My problem is this my son's Tammy Rising Fighter is fitted with a Tammy esc, and a Carson rx with Carson Reflex Stick Pro 3.1. Had it about a year, and it worked OK ish for a bit, with reverse doing the brake then reverse settings. Now, weirdly, it will brake fine, but won't reverse at all. I've re-setup the esc according to Tammy instructions, and all looked good with registering the throttle etc, and the on board LEDs flashed exactly as expected at each stage. Just no reverse. It did go slightly intermittent for a couple of days before stopping reversing all together. All other functions work fine, no probs.
Any initial ideas what this might be, or should I look at the tx, rx or esc as potentially faulty?
Many thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 PM
cheapsub

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this what you have?
https://www.carson-modelsport.com/en...fr2-500906276/

Toasted!
Amazon ( not shipping from china)
servo tester, digital multimeter. Since this may be the first you have, go cheap. Fry doesn't have to cry.
New F/R ESC that has the same connection.

And lots and lots of YouTube. How to.

Please let me know, so we could move on.