Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
 What brand do you prefer? and why? >

What brand do you prefer? and why?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

What brand do you prefer? and why?

Old 11-18-2003, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand do you prefer? and why?

Ok, im currently using the synthesized JR radio, with Airtronics servos. I have the 200 oz servo on steering and the super fast digital airtronics on throttle/brake. Im really happy with these, but occasionally the digital throttle brake bounces around a little. Anyway, im thinking about using either JR servos, or Futaba servos on my next truck (MGT). So, like the title says, what brand? and why?

Thanks, Matt
Old 11-18-2003, 10:14 PM

Default RE: What brand do you prefer? and why?

I say airtonics.
They have very good equipment and most of them have warentees!!
I would go with Airtonics if your not alreaddy!
Old 11-20-2003, 05:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I use hitec.. .not because they are the best.. but because they're cheap.. and on a MT you go through servos (no matter what kind of warranty you have).. I use futabas on my touring but they are almost 2x more than hitecs for the same specs
Old 11-24-2003, 06:51 PM

Futaba, good quality. I used them and they never let me down. I also use airtronics and they are good also.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of the half-dozen or so radios I have, I like my Futaba T3PK best. Before anyone wonders why I have so many radios, most of them came with one car or another (AMs--T-Maxx, Mini-Zs, and Mini-T). I'll like my Futaba even more once I get the AM Conversion Module, so I can use the T3PK with my Mini-Z's and Mini-T. My JR does come in handy though since it is crystal less; however, Futaba is also coming out with a crystal-less transmitter for the T3PK. Also, the JR RS300 crystal-less receiver is too big for some applications--it would have never fit in my Tamiya F201 chassis. A left handed person can also switch the wheel on the T3PK and speed demons can use the HRS mode which is accelerated FM--my understanding is that HRS is only available from Futaba. Most of my servos are upper end Airtronics servos.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj32.html

As far as digital brake bouncing--I would think that your servo may burn out faster if there is too much slop. I only mention this because I started a thread asking the Futaba rep about digital servos burning out on 1/5 scale cars after someone suggested that I not use digital servos in an attempt to use the HRS Mode (I currently have 1/4 scale servos in my 1/5 scale and am not using the HRS mode) and the rep mentioned that the servos may burn out faster because of slop.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:04 PM

Although I own an M8 I use Futuba servos on all my cars. I've gone through 3 Airtronics, 1 JR servos, and all 4 of my Futuba servos are still going strong.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:35 PM

If you can use a good analog servo for the throttle/brake, I would recomment using one. I say this because some radio does not allow the use of analog servo.

The reason for analog in the throttle/brake is that the digital servo seems to burn out faster for throttle/brake usage. I don't know why but personal experience and other racers experienced this. Can somebody straighten me out on this?
Old 12-07-2003, 10:04 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Most of the big names are good quality radios, Airtronics, Hitec, Futaba, JR, All make good quality equipment.

I Have run the Futaba 3PDF and the 3PJS for years and would have nothing else for the cars. I run Futaba for planes as well.

Why I run Futaba is because I always have, really no other reason. I am familiar with the programming and so forth and I like the looks of the Futaba stuff.

I have run all kinds of servos and I have really found no difference between comparable models. Right Now I run Hitec and Futaba because thats just what I have.

Dbow
Old 12-15-2003, 08:45 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Oz[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85804.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	82598