Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Truck going out of control

Old 01-03-2004, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck going out of control

Alright I'm using a Nitroquake. While using the car, I notice that the car goes off on it's own occasionally, As if i shut the controller off. It's not because of the distance, because 5ft response is the same as it is 1000ft away. But if let's say I'm doing 15mph or 40mph, whichever and go to make a right, it might speed up on it's own, or not turn, or do whatever it wants.. Point is, it has it's own mind. Any ideas or suggestions, or know what the hell is going on? Please help.. Also, what's the best way to stop this.. I.E. Throttle Return system, where it is hooked on a spring and automatically stops if it loses connection with the receiver.. What's the best system of those (Relatively cheap too please)
Old 01-03-2004, 07:36 AM

Default RE: Truck going out of control

sounds like you are getting interferance on your radio.check and make sure your batteries are new,if they are weak that can cause the problem also.is your radio am or fm. the am radios seem to get a lot more interferance than the fm.a return spring would help if you lost power and a fail safe would help if you were getting interferance.i would not reccomend running you car real far away from you.i use a ko propo mars r radio and when running my buggy on the street i don't run it more than a 100' or so away just to be safe,cause you dont know when your gonna get radio interferance or your batts will go dead.

for a return spring you can get one from your lhs for a couple bucks and the fail safe should be around $30.

hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:25 PM

Default RE: Truck going out of control

Ofna makes a great failsafe. Should be about $25 to $30. Every nitro car should have one. "IMHO"