Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
 Which connectors for Airtronics 3PS?? >

Which connectors for Airtronics 3PS??

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Which connectors for Airtronics 3PS??

Old 01-22-2004, 06:39 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which connectors for Airtronics 3PS??

Hi, I'm new to RC cars. Which type of connectors work with the Airtronics 3PS radio system. I just bought a used 3PS setup, but it does not include servos. Also, the RC10 T3 that I am working on has a Futaba ESC. Can I use that with the 3PS system? Would greatly appreciate any feedback or tips you might have.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:55 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which connectors for Airtronics 3PS??

Raptorjockey,
The 3P and 3PS use the old style Airtronics connector, sometimes called "railroad track connector". Don't plug a new style connector into it, the wiring is different. The old style has the positive on an outside pin. New connectors have the positive on the center pin.
Yes, you can use the Futaba controller, but you will need to change the plug or use an adapter.
This is all assuming that you have the original receiver ( 92237, I think). If the receiver has been changed to a newer one, you are good to go.
I believe the classified section on this site had some old Airtronics servo leads.

thanks,
Bob