Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
 Could someone explain throttle and steering arc for me on mx-3?Please >

Could someone explain throttle and steering arc for me on mx-3?Please

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Could someone explain throttle and steering arc for me on mx-3?Please

Old 01-27-2004, 01:08 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone explain throttle and steering arc for me on mx-3?Please

Hi i was hoping someone could explain to me what the throttle and steering arc does on my airtronics mx-3 radio. What are the positive and negative numbers mean and what are the differences between them? Thanks for your help...!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:05 PM

Default RE: Could someone explain throttle and steering arc for me on mx-3?Please

im pretty sure that they mean sensitivity or reaction time. if you want the throttle or steering to do what you want as soon as you put it in...out it towards the plus side. you have to be careful though because you dont want to overload the servos
Old 01-27-2004, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Could someone explain throttle and steering arc for me on mx-3?Please

That is incorrect - ARC on the MX3 transmitter is an exponential feature to be used with non linear throw rates. The higher the % the more the amount of travel you will have at the end of the throw

example:

turn the wheel 50% and the servo moves 50% of the way. increase ARC and turn the wheel. the first 50% the wheel turns, the servo only moves 10%. The next 50% u turn the control wheel, the servo moves the other 90%