Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
 Best Synthesized Radio - Futaba or JR? >

Best Synthesized Radio - Futaba or JR?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Best Synthesized Radio - Futaba or JR?

Old 03-21-2004, 10:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Synthesized Radio - Futaba or JR?

If price is not an issue - and I have no history with either MFG - which radio would you go with? I'm looking to buy 1 radio system to use with my 3 RC's.

Fut - 3pK or JR?
Old 03-21-2004, 10:29 PM

Default RE: Best Synthesized Radio - Futaba or JR?

Im going with JR. I have an XS3 coming. I like the design of the radio better, plus my buddy runs JR and ive seen them in action. I think they are well made and last a long time since his is like 3+ years old.

Never had experience with Futaba so thats the main reason I didnt go with them... nothing personal against em, just no exposure.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own both a T3PK and a JR XS3 though I haven't used the crystaless module with the T3PK yet. Which one do I use the most? The T3PK. Why? I can use the radio with my "regular" R/C vehicles, my "AM" Mini-Z's, and my 1:5th scale (brake mix). Simply visit Futaba's website and compare the features with the other articles on Horizon's website. BTW, if you are left-handed or prefer to reposition the steering wheel, the T3PK should be a no brainer since the JR XS3 does not have those options.

T3PK
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj32.html

XS3 article on Horizon Hobby's website.
http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...prod=JRP317275
Old 03-22-2004, 03:48 AM
My Feedback: (1)

The Airtronics M8 synthesised lol, you said price was no issue. The Synth Futaba is not out yet so no one can give you an accurate review. I have had great luck with Futaba in the past and that is what I currently own. I have also owned the XS3 and its a very nice radio although some complain of glitches with electric. You really can't go wrong, just make sure whatever you buy has enough model memory for all you will aquire.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:43 PM

Would it be possible to have One synthesized Tx and two synth. RX for separate cars, but have a non synthesized Tx as a spare if you were running with a friend who had no gear? Let me rephrase. Is it possible use, for example, the Jr RS300 Rx and a JR XR3i?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I have used the JR XS3 with a 2-channel receiver, I'd guess that you probably could use a JR XR3i with a JR RS300 as long as the JR RS300 receiver is set to the same frequency as the crystal in the JR XR3i. I would also make sure to use a JR transmitter crystal in the JR XR3i.