Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Hobbio Servo

Old 04-01-2004, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbio Servo

Does anyone have any experience with a Hobbico CS-70 servo? This was suggested to me by the futaba tech in a discussion as to metal gear ball bearing servos for my Losi Truck. He is also the one who suggested the Futaba S3305 that I wrote in the forum yesterday. Boy am I confused as to what I should buy. How about alittle advice. In defense to him we were discussing servos under $50 to use.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobbio Servo

The only Hobbico servos I've used are Hobbico Command ΒΌ CS-72 (very high torque), but they would be too large for your application and are paired in my application (2 for steering and 2 for throttle/brake). I've posted a servo chart on this website numerous times, but since I am on the "wrong" computer right now I am unable to provide you with a link. If you want, you should be able to search the forums and locate it. The link was actually to an "airplane" site; however, it had more than just airplane servos and as far as that goes, I installed an airplane servo in my Mini-T. The chart is very detailed and includes prices through that site. If you can't locate the link, I'll probably be able to post it later.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:21 PM

I found it already.

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Servo Chart: More than just "R/C Sailplanes"

http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servochart.html
Old 04-12-2004, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the chart it will come in real handy. I do have a question after looking at the chart. Since I'm using this for a truck should I be as concerned with the speed or should I be looking for the higest torque to turn the wheels? Should I try to get a combination of speed and torque?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 01:33 PM

I have two of the Airtronics 94358 servos (ERG-VB high torque dual ball bearing) in my mbX5, which appears just slightly different from the Airtronics 94359 servo which also has a heat sink according to the chart. I also have the 94357, but it is in an onroad 1:10 Tamiya F201. I guess it just depends on how much you are willing to spend. I can also tell you that I used some cheaper JR servos in my T-Maxx (which seems to weigh a ton) and it's turning response is not even close to my 1:8th scale buggy.