Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Computer Stick

Old 04-04-2004, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Stick

Hi guys this is my first post here and this looks like a great forum.. I am going to get back into rc and go with a rc10gt. Previously I had a kyosho nitro10 then moved onto a b3 fully loaded team. I have always used stick radios and i just dont think I will get the hang of a pistol with the gt. My last radio was a sanwa exzes which I loved. It had all the computer features and was a good performer. Know when i look for a decent stick radio the choice is extremely limited? Cn you recommend any? The other thing is, are pistol radio's really that good? Are they smoother and offer better control.. I have thoght that for bashin and or racing and driving technically that stick seemed better but I would ike to hear others opinions? Finally I was wondering about servos for the gt. Both throttle and steering. I presume that if I did go for a limited stick radio then I woul simply have to upgrade the servos it came with to more responsive ones?

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:50 PM

Default RE: Computer Stick

Bellur,

Your preference in your radio will over-ride MOST things about being "better control", etc. If you can, see if someone will let you try THEIR car out with a pistol-grip radio. I've ran both in the last 20-25 years of running cars and trucks, both gas and electric. I don't know if the UK has a "Radio Shack" store, but here in the states, they have generic R/C's of the "toy" grade on the floor for ppl to play with to try to tempt them. I always suggest that to guys that have that very same question here when going to a "hobby grade" vehicle. I'd start with your Local Hobby retailer and see if there is an inexpensive radio that you can purchase and try out.

With most things, preference is a selling point. I'm a FORD man... Doesn't mean Chevy trucks aren't as good as my Ford, but that's merely opinion and preference on MY part!

HTH,
Dave
Old 04-06-2004, 04:10 PM

Default RE: Computer Stick

While most people in the US use a pistol grip radio and prefer it, the people that are in the US will be surprised to hear that stick is the prefered here in the UK.

I personally prefer a pistol grip radio myself. For a good stick radio, go with either Sanwa or Hitec. Dont let others sway you differently. You are the one driving your RC and you need to get what you are most comfortable with mate.