Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Help b/c I don't know

Old 04-04-2004, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help b/c I don't know

What is a good controler for a nitro truck?

What the difference in channels? (2, 3, etc)

What the difference in frequencies? (23, 75, etc)

Guys I just do not know please help.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:46 PM

Default RE: Help b/c I don't know

a good controller depends on how deep your pockets are

generally for the cars 2 channel it is, but some cars have reverse, and the 3rd channel is there to shift it

the difference in frequencies is that a 75 one has more channels than the 27

hope i helped
Old 04-04-2004, 11:58 PM

Expanding on what Jeffro said:

On 27, you are limited to 6 channels. 75 has 30-something.
You will also have to contend with the AM or FM debate on the radios. Do yourself a favor and pop the few extra dollars for the FM version. Your signals and distances will be better to your vehicle, maybe saving a possible runaway from signal loss or interference.

Recommendation: 75 FM!

On the channels: If you have reverse, you'll more than likely need that third channel. Think of the channels like this: 1 channel = steering, 1 channel = throttle & brake, 1 channel = shifting servo or other accessories, depending on your wiring skills. I've got my 3rd channel on my monster truck to turn on/off my underbody lights. It's pretty trick to blink them!
If you ever plan to upgrade, that third channel MIGHT just prove to be beneficial. If you can afford it, get the extra channel! If not, you'll more than likely be able to get by on 2.

Recommendation: 3 Channels!

HTH!

Dave
Old 04-06-2004, 03:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jeffro21
What is a good controler for a nitro truck?
What the difference in channels? (2, 3, etc)
What the difference in frequencies? (23, 75, etc)
Guys I just do not know please help.
You should ask yourself if you plan to race or purchase other R/C vehicles and consider what kind of "nitro truck" you already own. If you own an "AM" truck (channels 1-6 and frequencies 26.995-27.255), you will either need to purchase another AM radio or purchase both an FM radio (channels 61-90 and frequencies 75.410-75.990) that has an AM Conversion Module or replace the AM receiver as well. If you plan to purchase other R/C vehicles, you may want to purchase a radio that has multiple model memories. If you plan to race or run with other vehicles, you may want to consider purchasing a synthesized radio transmitter/receiver set up or a non-synthesized radio that can be adapted/converted to a synthesized radio or be prepared to purchase additional crystal sets. And if you are left handed, the radios are further limited if you want a left handed model. There are other features that should be considered, but it just depends on what you plan to do in your R/C future because it may be a situation of purchasing quality now or upgrading later. Myself, I own and use a Futaba T3PK (FM 3 channel radio/AM Conversion Module), JR XS3 (FM 3 channel radio), and a JR XR2 (AM 2 channel radio). If your truck has reverse, you should purchase a 3-channel radio as sgtstop suggested, which should not be confused with Channel 3 or 27MHz band frequency 27.095.