Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba new 2PH

Old 04-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Skyman721
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba new 2PH

Hello all,

I have a question regarding a friend of mine's newer Futaba pistol AM radio. We have recently began racing our off-road RC-10's indoor at a local track, and he has been having problems with uncommanded inputs. I do realize that there could be ALOT of different things causing this - but we are totally loosing ideas of what it could be! It only occurs to the throttle channel - And the car will at any point of during a race will go full throttle , which causes him to hit the wall, or whatever. This has occurred with the use of 2 different speed controls ( current is a Hitec unit, previous was a Futaba ). We have tried going up 1 channel with the crystals ( to rule out bad crystals ) - and there appears to be no damage to the reciever. This now has been happening to the car at his house - throttle ( only ) going full speed - randomly during a run and he lives 32 miles from the track.
No one at the track is having any problems, including me ( another Futaba, different channel, same reciever). No other changes were made to the car, and the antenna is isolated ( not touching ) any part of the car - i.e. - graphite chassis Has anyone else had a problem similar to this? What was the solution? We would really like to try and figure this out before sending it to Futaba for repair only to find out they couldn't find anything wrong!!
Old 04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
nitromacguyver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba new 2PH

it is likely that it is just normal interference that affects all AM radio systems. if you can spare the $$ get a FM radio or at the very least get a fail safe. Dynamite makes one that can determine if a false signal is being inputed. that would be your best one to choose in my opinion.