Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

what is exponential....

Old 04-23-2004, 06:47 AM
BigBuzPCR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is exponential....

hey guys.... i am new to the JR XS3, and would like to know what this is. I also have a question as to why my 650MG that i use for steering in my Ofna PCR does not center very well on the ground, and how i could fix this. All help is appreciated.

Buz
Old 04-23-2004, 09:38 PM
ZipZap

Default RE: what is exponential....

Exponential is very hard to explain, much easier to show.

It changes the way the servo moves in relation to your controller input. It's normally used to de-sensitize your steering around neutral. It can help if you tend to be "jerky" going down the straights.

I would suggest you put your vehicle up on a stand and watch what different exponential settings do. That will help you understand it. Then, dial in different settings when you're driving to see what suits your car and driving style the best.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:58 AM
SKiB

Default RE: what is exponential....

Linear means if you graphed what happend it'd be a straight line

if you have liner movement on the servo's, if you turn the wheel half way, the servo's are turned half way, if you turn 1/4 turn, the servo only moves 1/4 turn

With exponential, the graph is curved, so if you turn the wheel 1/4, the servo may only turn 1/6, and when you turn the wheel 1/2 a turn, the servo may have done 3/4 of it's turning.

i hope that explains it alright. Having exponential mapping allows you to have fine steering movements for slight corrections, and for turning full lock, you can do so quickly