Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

How do i change the Crystal on the 3PK?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

How do i change the Crystal on the 3PK?

Old 04-24-2004, 12:17 PM
AIRPLANE FREAK
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i change the Crystal on the 3PK?

Need to know how to change the crystal, i just bought another receiver with crystal for my R40 and want to change the crystal but dont know how, thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Default RE: How do i change the Crystal on the 3PK?

hummm....just take it out and put the new once back on
Old 04-25-2004, 11:24 PM
AIRPLANE FREAK

I figured it out...thanks!
Old 04-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ArmoMaxx,
I had to dremel the heck out of my T3PK AM Conversion Module and part of my radio case at RCX since they had radio conflicts at RCX and we were "forced" to use their crystals--this caused me to miss one qualifier since I wasn't done carving the T3PK in time. Their freaking Tx crystals were glued into cases and they couldn't be removed and didn't fit into the hole. It appeared to only be a T3PK problem. To me the module wasn't as big a deal compared to the piece of the radio case, but the module probably is more expensive than the side piece to the radio unless it requires an entire case. I don't know and my simply insert a small piece of rubber to make the dremeling look a little better--it's not really that bad, I just know it's there and didn't like dremeling it!

One of my power supplies also fried, but at least the company was there and simply replaced it the following day. It's just a good thing I had an extra power supply and charger or I would have ended up purchasing one of those too.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

thats gotta sux, man i am so angry i couldn't make it [:@][&o]

RcOnroad, i read in the manual it says that simply changing the crystals, from 27 to 75 ...wouldn't work
Old 05-14-2004, 09:38 PM
AIRPLANE FREAK

To change the crystal, just take a hobby knife, on the side of the 3PK there is this little window cut this around and slide the crystal out, i did it and it works, just put the little square thing back, it glues in place, hope this helps all.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Actually if it were the first time changing a crystal in the T3PK, it would probably be easier to remove the module itself from the radio transmitter and then remove the small square cover from the module while it is out of the transmitter. Myself, I never bothered to replace the small square cover because I always end up changing crystals. Futaba also makes a black crystal case that holds six crystal sets.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Sinny Gun

how come some 3pk's have the cutout for the crystal in the module and some don't? unfortunately i have the module without the cutout.[:@]
Old 06-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Can you remove the module from the radio transmitter and post a photo of the front-left hand side of the module as if you were holding and using the radio? I'm simply curious as to if there is not a small black tab/crystal cover located where I just described the module.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Sinny Gun

arghhh[X(]
i feel like an idiot....i thought that was just some clear sticker. i just removed the steel tab underneath the clear sticker and voila....an opening for the crystal. thanks for the help. it was weird cause the model i looked at in the store did not have the little cover. then what are some people talking about when they say use a x-acto blade to cut open and stuff? there was no need for cutting at all...just removed the black square.

thanks again.

sinny