Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

need help for m8 module and receiver

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

need help for m8 module and receiver

Old 05-08-2004, 11:06 AM
terminator2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help for m8 module and receiver

ok i have m8 with module 75 mhz novak switch xxtra receiver all without cristall butt i dont understand how it works for choosing the frequencies if somebody could explain to me how it works it would be appreciated thanks
Old 05-09-2004, 10:08 AM
otado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help for m8 module and receiver

The Novak Switch is a synthesized FM module and is capable of swiching channels 61 to 90 under the 75 MHz without any crystals. The Novak XXTRA is a synthesized receiver installed in your car that is also capable of swiching channels 61 to 90. There are 2 mini dials on each of these two units with corresponding numbers for the first and second digits. For example if you want to run your radio frequency on channel 79 which is 75.770 MHz. First turn your M8 off and in the back where the module is, you will find the two dials with the numbers. Turn the left dial and point the arrow to number 7 Then turn the right dial and point the arrow to number 9. This will set your module to channel 79/75.770MHz. You will do the same exact thing to the XXTRA FM receiver that is installed in your car. This will put your transmitter and receiver on the same band and you are ready to roll. The advantage of these feature is you can change your channel bands from 61 to 90 if you need to do so. You might be racing with someone with the same channel 79 and he have no capabilities of changing channels, Then you can always change yours to maybe channel 83/75.850MHz by just simply turning the dials then everyone can have fun. Good Luck