Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

I'm pissed and stumped JR!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 08:45 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm pissed and stumped JR!

O.K., here's the deal, I have a JR XR2I system, and recently I've had serious radio interfearence at the races. Normally, when you turn on the RX it stays still untill you turn on the TX, well when I was at the races today I was getting gitters with the TX off. But no one was on my channel, turns out that the closest channel to mine is 4 up from mine, I run 62 and he was on 66. As soon as he turned off his TX, it went quiet, like normal. So I bought another set on 72, still, if someone is within 5 up or down, I get eratic running. It was so bad, that when I come by the drivers stand, I couldn't really control the truck until I got back out a little ways. I'm really getting pissed off with this system and I'm ready to throw the good old futaba 2pka system in it. Should I send it back to Horizon and explain the problem, hoping that they will upgrade me?
Old 05-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Ratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm pissed and stumped JR!

Hmm, I just got a XR2I also. I was up at the track and wasnt bad. I am on 87, and the next person on was 83. I did however have my motor jerk when I was in the pits, but I think that was just because I made it do that. I have found that my Brake dosent work on my electric truck. We'll see how my XXX-nt is when i finaly get that together.
Andy
Old 05-22-2004, 11:17 PM
planebuilder66

I have a futaba receiver (spare), I'm going to try that tommorrow, do the range check before anyone runs and durring the 1/8th buggy battle. There are 35 buggy's all together, and a few are on 71, 14, 61,63 64,&66. I'll see the signal rejection and I already put a new receiver antena wire in tonight. Only time will tell. Worst case senaro, I'll find a set of crystals that are opposite of what everybody has.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:31 PM
planebuilder66

Well, the futaba receiver is way better a listener than the JR one, not a single glitch the whole second day!, I ran side by side with FM radios on 1 channel up from mine. If you run into this problem it's only $28.00 for a new futaba receiver and you'll be all set. They can use the JR crystals with no ill effect. Infact, I did a range check and I got more than jr called for, 35m with antenna down.
I'm buying a second futaba receiver for my Mugen MBX4 so I can run the car on model 2 in my TX. will cost me aprox, 35.00 all together with crystal/receiver package but I don't want to take a chance with the mugen missle!