Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Old Futaba AM radios

Old 06-10-2004, 08:30 AM
dano2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Futaba AM radios

This may be a stupid question, and I do not have all the technicals ready to ask but I am asking anyway..... I have three older Futaba AM radios (do not have the model numbers, will get later) I am guessing that they are like 6 / 7 years old. Have the newer radios changed frequencies or MHz to the point that most tracks do not allow you to run the older style AM radios? I know that the newer 27 MHz radios are out there but they only have 6 (?) frequencies. Any advice would be helpful. I am thinking about getting a new car since there is ACTUALLY an off road track now in my area, even though I am finding it hard to get any info on it. Should I buy RTR and get a radio, or seperate the car and radio purchase, or will my old radios work fine?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:11 AM
frailcow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Futaba AM radios

Your old radio should work fine. For racing, a kit would be your best option anyway.