Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Got a question about radio system.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Got a question about radio system.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 06:52 PM
RS4 BuDDy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a question about radio system.

i was wondering, which radio system will carry more then one car? like have 1 remote for 2 cars. which one should i get???? please feel free to write down any suggestions on which one to buy. and i would really perfer the price range to be from 300 and lower. also, if i do get a certain radio system, do i have to have the same servos for all my cars??? for example, if i get a Futaba radio, can i use a Hitec HS-645MG on my tmaxx?? iam new to getting radios and stuff, so thanks in advance for your help.
jason
Old 07-18-2004, 07:32 PM
frailcow

Default RE: Got a question about radio system.

Any radio system will do it, but it is best to have a radio with multiple model memory. You will need a seperate receiver for each car unless you want to pull it in and out for each use. I would get the JR XS-3 radio, its a nice system that is in your budget and will do what you want.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:43 PM
RS4 BuDDy

icic, well when it says "10 model memory" does it mean it can hold 10 cars??? thanks
jason
Old 07-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: frailcow
I would get the JR XS-3 radio, its a nice system that is in your budget and will do what you want.
Why? The JR XS3 Pro is about $20 more and has 4 more model memories than the JR XS3 unless you just don't like the looks of the "pro" version or didn't know about it. The RS310 receiver is also smaller.

http://www.*********.org/jr_xs3-pro.htm
Old 08-06-2004, 03:08 PM
chickfisher

I would definately go for the XS3 Pro- the new receiver is supposed to be really good. I have had 3 RS300 receivers that have developed bad glitches. I was told that they fixed several problems that the old receivers had.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:44 PM
nicholcgn
My Feedback: (1)

Wll the rs310 receiver work with the standard xs3 radio?
Old 08-13-2004, 12:29 AM
Smoke21

Get an MX-3 Sythisized(SP?) it has multiple model memory, a variety of tuning options, and its only http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go

Also, yes 10 model memory means ten cars can be used buy that transmitter
Old 08-13-2004, 12:43 AM
Smoke21

ORIGINAL: RS4 BuDDy

do i have to have the same servos for all my cars??? for example, if i get a Futaba radio, can i use a Hitec HS-645MG on my tmaxx??
jason
You can use any servo with any reciever, jr and airtronics and hitec(I think) use the "Z" connector which uses one bevel on each side of the bottom and all you have to do to use a futaba servo with JR, Airtronics, and Hitec recivers is cut the tab off to fit in the slot
Old 08-14-2004, 03:04 PM
garynjr

I just bought the JR XS3 Pro. It's great! And for $250 you can't go wrong! It comes with two servos too so you have some backups if you don't need any now. Also it's Synthisized so NO MORE CRYSTALS!!!
It also does come with the new Reciever. It's pretty small!

As for your second car, you can get another JR Reciever for about $80 and A XXXTRA is about $100 Both are synthisized.

But overall, this radio rocks and has more then you probably need but enough to grow in to and will be around for a long time. It also can be used with Digital servos too! Anyway, It's a good radio.