Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Sanwa Gemini II Radio

Old 09-16-2004, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanwa Gemini II Radio

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there had the Sanwa Gemini II 40mhz radio, as I was thinking of getting one but wanted to know how good it is before I shell out the cash, many thanks for any info anyone can offer me!
Old 10-09-2004, 10:00 PM

Default RE: Sanwa Gemini II Radio

Hi there,

Just to let you know, I have a sanwa gemini 40mhz set and it's great.
There is a lovely feel to the brakes on the sticks, very firm. You really know that your braking!
The spec is quite low for a "high end radio" but if you can get one at a good price then it's worth moving to digital 40mhz.

I have had several differnet handsets and seen every available one on the market in the past ten years ( I own a hobby store ).
I can honestly say that the gemini feels right. It sits and balances well.
The only thing I can suggest is to get your hands on one and see if you it's right for you...
For similar money you could get the new hitec car set, much, much better spec but....I didn't like how it felt in my hands.
I guess it's a personal choice.
For example, I like the bells and whistles as much as the next guy but I'm not so worried about high spec on the radio, I started with old non digital gear and I learned how to adjust everything manualy on the car instead of the radio.
I don't need lots of model memories, which is good cause the gemini only has four! for the record the new hitec has 20.

The thing with car radio's is there is a limited choice, best to decide if you race one or two classes very seriously or lots of cars for fun.
If you race, then comfort and control is key, buy the one that feels "right".
If it's for fun and multiple models, then how the radio sits is not so important so buy the hitec

Hope that helps
Old 10-13-2004, 05:07 PM

I've been using one for the last 6 months, just sold it and bought a ko propo helios. It was a good radio but you do seem to get more for your money with a wheel, the helios only cost me £60 more than I paid for the sanwa.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:29 PM

What do you peeps think of the multiplex sets - I've been told they are v good by the distributors!!!!?