Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Newbie Question?

Old 09-23-2004, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Question?

Hi all,

I apologize in advance for my ignorance here...but I was wondering how the whole frequency thang works with several cars racing at the same time using the same radio/receiver/etc.

For example, my friend and I are each going to purchase the NTC3 Plus soon (same car/both come RTR and with the same 2 channel radio/receiver/etc. (TQ-2?). When we race them at the same time, what will prevent us from accidentally controlling the other guy's car, etc.? I have heard someone talk about purchasing different crystals (?),etc.

I guess I just assumed that even people with the same exact car and radio would be able to choose between a few different frequencies/channels (on their radio) in order to prevent what I am concerned about? Am I wrong?

How's this whole scene work?

Thanx in advance for your time and help!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:27 AM

Default RE: Newbie Question?

Well, it's like that with tyco cars, but not with cars like this. Since most all cars have different frequency crystals. You said that both of your cars come with the same frequency, either 27 or 75, but they will work together. For example, crstals have frequencies like 75.665 and 75.310 , these will work together because of the decimal place differences (you two will not get the same exact frequencies). Hope this helps.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Newbie Question?

If I'm not mistaken the radio that comes with the TC3RTR is an AM radio. The crystals for those are very cheap. I picked up a set of six at Radio Shack (x-mod crystals)