Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Transmitter Battery Life

Old 11-08-2004, 08:48 PM
RCnewguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Battery Life

Hey
I'm a newbie and I'm just wondering how long do transmitter battery's last? I will be probably using the AA's in the transmitter, I've got a bundle lying around. Would it be better to get a receiver pack and use that instead? Thanks
Old 11-15-2004, 12:07 AM
RCnewguy

Default RE: Transmitter Battery Life

Anybody know an answer? I would like to know if a receiver pack is a good thing to invest in or should I stick to AA's?. Thanks
Old 11-15-2004, 06:39 AM
paulangelo

I thought the receiver pack were batteries for the receiver not the TX. You can not use a receiver pack with the TX. get rechargable AA's and use them.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Mr. Furious

There are two things that you need if you are running a Nitro car or truck...NIMH rechargeable AA's for your transmitter and a NIMH receiver pack for the car electronics. Alkaline AA's in the transmitter actually last a fair amount of time but still get expensive fast when you drive a lot. Since you have a lot of alkalines you may as well use them for awhile. The receiver pack for the car is an absolute necessity. The NIMH packs deliver power much more efficiently than the alkalines so your steering will improve and braking/throttle response will improve greatly. Remember that you CANNOT run four rechargeable AA's in the receiver pack in place of Alkaline AA's. The reason is that alkalines put out about 1.5v per cell equalling 6v for the 4 AA receiver battery holder with alkalines. Rechargeable batteries only put out 1.2v per cell so you need a 5 cell receiver pack to equal the 6v voltage. Seems like your getting jipped but you will not believe the difference in the performance when you switch to a receiver pack. Also, running servos is a lot of work for the batteries and the alkalines will puke pretty quickly and cost you lots of money in short order. I assume you're asking about a Nitro but....You didn't say what kind of car this was for but if it's an electric car with an electronic speed control(ESC) then it should have a battery eliminator that runs the radio gear in the car right off the main pack. Check out the instructions.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:10 PM
RCnewguy

Thanks. For the transmitter is what I meant, paulangelo. I meant to say, rechargeable transmitter pack if there is such a thing. It would be for an electric truck. Rechargeable NiMH's for the transmitter are the best, sounds good to me. Thanks for the info guys.