Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Transmittter charging question

Old 12-18-2004, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmittter charging question

I have a JR XS3 radio that is in my LST. I bought some hecell 2200mah NiMH batteries and would like to charge them up. I tried using this charger and it melted the housing on the charger a bit( ya a tee bit warm). Should this charger be able to charge these batteries or does it not like my reciever?

[link=http://www.racers-edge.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=22921&cat=413&page=1]The charger I'm using[/link]
Old 12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Transmittter charging question

I would suggest that you invest in a decent charger, I use a Great Planes Triton, awesome charger and charges and cycles everything. There are several great chargers out there as well that are do everything chargers. Grab one of these and you never buy another charger.

Dbow
Old 12-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Transmittter charging question

I looked at a simuiar chargers at MPI and the charge rates are higher 100 mah for tx and 150-180 mah for rx batteries. The problem is that some of the batteries are charged when you get them. It is best to discharge the batteries before charging them with that type of charger or use a peak charger to peak charge first. Then you should have no problem after that.
It takes at least 10 full charge and discharge cycles to condition the batteries to the max mah.