Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Seriously Screwed Steering Servo!

Old 01-28-2005, 06:47 PM
jason5_k

Location: LisbellawCo.Fermanagh Northern ireland UK, UNITED KINGDOM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously Screwed Steering Servo!

Hi,soz about the alliteration overkill, as you can probably tell by the title the steering servo on my car (cen funfactor rally) has a serious problem i cant figure out (though it will prob be simple an i'll just end up looking stupid) when i turn right the servo goes as it should but it pulls slightly to the right but then goes full opposite to the left!!(and sends the throttle servo into a twitching fit) and then when i go left the servo only goes a tiny bit to the left.

The servos, reciever, transmitter are all Sanwa(stock) and yes i have made sure all the plugs, crystals, batterys are all pluged in and charged,

any help would be greatly appreciated. jason
Old 01-31-2005, 11:54 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Seriously Screwed Steering Servo!

It sounds like the Stock Cen mirage system here in the states... I had a similar problem with mine... Replaced the rx and tx and no more problems... It runs perfectly....... I never could get the stock system to work like it should... Bad glitching and loss of radio signal... The final straw was the transmitter would only send signals reverse of what I wanted it to do.... (no it wasn;t the servo reversing).....
Old 01-31-2005, 04:53 PM
jason5_k

Location: LisbellawCo.Fermanagh Northern ireland UK, UNITED KINGDOM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, i took it out the other day and suddenly i had to switch both servos to reverse on the transmitter, i guess i'll just look on eBay for a cheapish but decent radio system, at least im not the only unlucky sod with a broken radio! thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cen has always had problems with their radio's..... I don't understand them sometimes... They make a great product in the ff linup then they cheap out with the radio.... I wouldn't care if they were just cheap, but the problem is they stop working at the worst of times... and they all will break... They originally told me almost 2 years ago that they were upgrading the system, but after hearing all the horror stories, they obviously had not... Cen should continue to sell the truck, but PLEASE don't include the mirage radio!!!!!
I went with a futaba fm system... nothing fancy... works great... around $100... and while your at it, replace the weak steering servo with a hi-torque servo...