Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Rechargables in a TX

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 01:49 PM
MrAnchovy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rechargables in a TX

I've read that most transmitters operate at with 8 alkaline cells at 12V. Would there be a large performance hit if I used high capacity NiMh cells since 8 NiMh cells would only provide 9.6V at 1.2V each? I've read that using rechargables in the rX pack would not provide proper voltage for servo operation and was wondering if it'd be the same problem with the tX. First post. Thanks for the help.

MrAnchovy
Old 02-01-2005, 11:58 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rechargables in a TX

they work great in the rx... I've been using them for quite a while and have not had a single problem with range.. I have used them in my tx pack but have switched to a 5 cell hump pack for more power... AA alkalines don't produce much more power than rechargables and they don't last very long.. especially in r/c.... you should be able to find 8 rechargable batteries with charger for around $25 to $30 dollars at sams club or cosco.....
Old 04-13-2005, 10:52 AM
ccanada321

Has anyone used the Lithium batteries in either the TX or RX? I'm getting sick of using so many alkalines.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Engrose

Most tx are designed to be used with either the alkaline or the rechargeable AA's. And instead of using four alkalines in the rx then you can use five rechargeables. Or a hump pack with 6V.