Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Building a hump pack?

Old 02-03-2005, 08:31 AM
r1p_s4w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a hump pack?

I tried the search!!! couldnt quite find what I was looking for. I would like to build a hump pack for both my tx and rx. I dont even know where to start. Are there any diagrams any where? suggestions on batteries? how do I figure out how to effeciently charge them? I am using the stock radio that came with the OFNA LX comp RTR
Old 02-03-2005, 10:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Building a hump pack?

If you want recargable cells for you RX then just get loose AA cells and put them in the battery holder

For the Rx, it aint hard, just "hot glue" them together in the shape you want and the connect them "pos" to "neg"

You are better off,(if you have to ask) just buying a ready built pack
Old 02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
r1p_s4w

Thanks, But I really want to learn the elec. part of RC also, I wont learn if I just buy it. (no offense meant) So the ? remains, What ? How? I do I define how powerful pack I need? How do I wire in the recharge connection? lol.... I wanna know it all!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Engrose

It is not that difficult. You can just get five rechargeable AA-cells and connect them. That way you get 6V. You connect from + to - all the way and put a connector's wires to the first battery's + and the last battery's -. When you charge them you connect the charger to the pack's connector. And the more powerful the batteries are, the better it is. But remember to get good quality batteries.
If you buy a hump back it normally is approximately 1100 mAh, but if you make it yourself it can be over 2000 mAh.

But the problem with the box that contains the electrics on the Ultra Comp is that it is way to small so it can be difficult to put it all inside. I have placed the batteries outside mine, but I am looking for a better solution on that point.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:48 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=109

Old 02-06-2005, 12:37 PM
r1p_s4w

PERFECT!!! Thanks!!!