Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3PK Synth question

Old 02-14-2005, 03:58 AM
RastaForI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3PK Synth question

Hello,... when my new 3pk synth is in just display mode, the screen says rf. It doesn't send a signal to my rx but the manual says when the main power is off, and you use the small display switch to use your 3pk with tx'ing it's supposed to say disp

is this just witht the synth, or is something wrong?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:30 PM
RastaForI

Default RE: 3PK Synth question

I couldn't wait and called the Futaba tech line. The tech said that the synthesized 3PK displays RF regardless of the mode, but it will not transmit in the display mode even though not acknowledged on the screen.

[In case anyone wanted to know]
Old 02-15-2005, 07:13 PM
cardriverx

im thinkin of gettin the 3pm-tfs for my car truck and (soon to be) buggy. how user friendly is it? and how is the synth feature? also will [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGRP0&P=7]these[/link] batts work with it?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:45 PM
cardriverx

anyone?????????/
Old 02-16-2005, 10:02 PM
RastaForI

ORIGINAL: cardriverx

anyone?????????/
I have both the 3PK Synth (Black) and the 3PM TFS Synth. I use them both with Novak XXtra Synth Receivers. I use the 3PK for racing buggy's and the 3PM TFS primarily for my son to race against me or the Monster truck.

Currently I'm waiting for the Spektrum DSM system to attach to the 3PK or Futaba's own Synthesized Receivers.

At first the 3PK is information overload when you pull it out of the box and fan through the manual, but after a while the menus become easy to access and the important / frequently used functions are easy to get to and program.

Going from the 3PK to the 3PM TFS you're spoiled by all the text info, back light, and size of the screen of the 3PK, but in it's own right the 3PM TFS has all necessary stuff to get the job done and if your using it without thinking about the "bells & whistles" of the 3PK you could be happy with just that.

For a battery pack I'd stick with Futaba's http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTV61&P=V

or the 700.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RastaForI
Currently I'm waiting for the Spektrum DSM system to attach to the 3PK or Futaba's own Synthesized Receivers.
Let us know if they got the bugs out of it from the M8 fiasco.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Tracer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RastaForI
I'm so not going to bother getting the synth TX Module.
I'm torn between selling all my FM Receivers and going spektrum
or selling everything and going nomadio.
But the one thing i'm NOT doing is going synth...
kind of silly now.
Doesn't solve nearly as much problems as the spektrum system.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:19 PM
RastaForI

Yeah if you already have crystal fm or am systems maybe you don't see the advantages.

But I was racing with RTR am radios before I went synth, I went from 1 channel to 30 with one purchase. Yes to buy an M8 or 3PK UNsythesized two yeas ago was the best you could do. That same purchase now,...I would consider a mistake.