Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

RADIO SET NIGHTMARE

Old 02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
barneypeter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIO SET NIGHTMARE

i keep getting steering and throttle glitches at first i thought it was only when the motor was running and range was very poor only 35 feet full mast ,so ithought it was rfi as it is a gas car sorry forgot to mention that so fitted sheiled cap no change a new set of crystals am and new receiver still no change ,then yesterday on close inspection i could hear the servos buzzin with the motor off, so today i stripped all the radio gear out and set it up on the bench and there it was glitching awayboth servos ,my question is why is this happening tried two different radios and receivers,if a servo goes bad would that cause them to twitch ,i have tried them one at a time and they still do it just that i dont have spare servos to try please help
Old 02-20-2005, 03:08 PM
ibstar

Default RE: RADIO SET NIGHTMARE

what transmiter ?
is the ariel screwed in proparly ?
batterys charged?, normal batterys run flat very quickly in a TX
any damage on the RX ariel ?
dirty or green connectors ?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:01 PM
ba_savage

I am having the exact same problem with my son's car.
I first noticed that if he turned and throttled at the same time, only 1 would work.
Now when the TX turns on, the servos go nuts. They glitch and chatter so much, I have to turn it off.
Replaced 1 servo and the receiver. - No Change
All the LHC could suggest was the crystals. So I ordered them.
While waiting on the crystals, I called Hitec. After explaining the problem, they had no suggestions besides to ship it in. I was hoping they had seen this before.

Hitech FM Aggressor TX
HFS-03MM RX
Old 04-09-2005, 08:44 PM
liteuser

A little off the subject, can you help me? i am trying to find out if i can use a 3 channel FM 75mhz futaba controller in this country?
I have had some people say yes and some say no, do you know the definate answer or know where i might find out?
Thanks for your time
Old 04-10-2005, 03:46 AM
stewburner
My Feedback: (1)

Did you turn on the tx first or the rx, are the servos centered, is the rx anttena lead free of cuts and nicks . Check each of these problem areas first before going to the expence of sending what maybe a perfectly good transmiter in for repairs.