Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

question about transmitters

Old 02-18-2005, 05:10 PM
DestroyerX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about transmitters

I heard from some people in another section of this forums that the basic radio that comes with the evader ep st RTR is this one or a very similar one to this:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXASX3**&P=0

They said that that radio was not very good, and the Futaba 2pl was better.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXENN3**&P=ML

Besides having a computer w/ a 10 model memmory, how is it better? Is the range pretty much the same on both? Does the 2pl have better communication with the receiver and provide better control (less signal losses)?

Thanks for your help,

Jason
Old 02-18-2005, 09:59 PM
MrAnchovy

Default RE: question about transmitters

I just bought a Futaba 2PL and its awesome. The computerized setup is superior because it allows you to set your model up for different situations. Like when you hand off your car to a NOOB. You don't wanna give him full throttle do you? You can set it up so operate normally except only give 1/2 throttle. Also, the computerized memory is much better than analog dials for setting servo position and endpoints. Also, the ABS braking is kinda cool. If you're gonna upgrade your RTR radio system, go with a computerized radio. You don't have to blow your wad on a $400 system, but you WILL use the bells and whistles included on this remote even if you didn't think you needed before. And if you have more than 1 model, its even better. All you have to do is buy a new receiver and crystals. Got my 2PL transmitter on eBay for $35 shipped. BTW range "should" be the same.

Cheers

MrAnchovy
Old 02-18-2005, 10:35 PM
DestroyerX

Wow, $35 off eBay; that's a really good price.

I'll get the 2pl instead of the one that is included in the RTR.

I have one more question though. If I buy it with a 75mhz crystal built in, can I switch to a 27mhz crystal and still expect it to work? (I have a mini-z running @ 27 mhz, and I want to be able to drive it with the 2pl.)

Thanks,

Jason
Old 02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Texdav

No ;they are different bands. get a27MHZ if that is what you need. The only difference basically is that with 75mhz you have more channels to choose from . But with the 27mhz the frequancies are further apart;which I guess is why so many of the pro run 27mhz or at lkeast one reason. If your not racing;shouldn't be a problem anyway. As far as working with the Mini_z;I never say that a TX will work with any other makers RX unless I have tried it. So you might want to check with someone who has done this.