Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

radio crystals

Old 03-04-2005, 07:40 AM
mr.gto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio crystals

will reciver crystals work with any receiver futbua hitec ect.?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:44 AM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radio crystals

Unfortunately no. Different brands use either a positive or a negitive shift crystal set. I think Futaba and Hitec are compatible and JR and Airtronics are compatible. Don't quote me on that though. For safety sake, don't mix if don't have to.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:00 PM
nobody077

sorry wrong post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:18 AM
SportCrystals

ORIGINAL: gubbs3

Unfortunately no. Different brands use either a positive or a negitive shift crystal set. I think Futaba and Hitec are compatible and JR and Airtronics are compatible. Don't quote me on that though. For safety sake, don't mix if don't have to.
Futaba and Hitec should not be mixed if it's an FM rado. The load capacitance between the two crystals are different. They will work (along with JR) for the 75MHz AM. We advertise our 75MHz AM sets (Performance Devices) to work with all brands (The load cap on the 75MHz AM Airtronics is different, so it's a stand-alone). The radio manufacturers won;t tell you any of this!