Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Which radio with the Spektrum setup?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Which radio with the Spektrum setup?

Old 03-26-2005, 06:41 PM
kctay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which radio with the Spektrum setup?

Is the JR R1 worth the cost when going to the Spektrum setup? What is the difference between the regular R1 and the Pro, the Pro seems to be $50.00 cheaper.

I want to move to the Spectrum setup, and it seems it is only available for the M8 Airtronics, or basically the JR R1. I have never used Airtronics, is this a better choice than the JR?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-27-2005, 12:16 AM
bentgear

Default RE: Which radio with the Spektrum setup?

The problem may be finding a R1 of either version. Rumor has it that it has been discontinued to be replaced with anohter hihg end radio shortly that comes with the Spektrum unit. Bought a spektrum unit the ohter day and put it in an old JR 756. It was so nice when everyone else was running around swapping frequencies just to be able to turn on and not worry about it.

Ed M.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:40 AM
kctay

Yeah, I'm running into that problem trying to find the R1. I'm just getting back into racing after about a 9 year layoff, and the Spektrum seems to be the way to go. The sythesized is good, but the spectrum just seems better. I would hate to break down and get the M8 if I can't find the R1. Thanks for your help
Old 04-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Ram008

I believe Stormer Hobbies has SOME R-1 systems still in stock, but the R-1 has been discontinued.