Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Synthesized or Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
kctay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthesized or Spektrum

I'm confused, I thought the Synthesised radio did not require crystals like the Spektrum. Which is better?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:36 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Synthesized or Spektrum

Correct, neither synth radios nor Spektrum use crystals. Synth radios use the same channels as crystal radios, so you just have to find an empty channel and use it. If someone you didn't know about happens to fire up a radio on the same channel you picked, you will be interfered with.
Both crystal and synth are in the 75Mhz or 27Mhz band (in North America)

Spektrum is way up in 2.4Ghz (i think). And it hunts for an open frequency and locks onto it. Theoretically you will never have another radio interfere with your spektrum system.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:11 AM
JRexA

Or You can go with the [link=http://www.nomadio.net]Nomadio [/link] 2.4Ghz system, that uses Hardcoded(MAC) Adresses, like you do when using a Network, actually making it possible to have several pieces of equipment without problems on the same channel, if it can't find a free channel.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Galifrey

ORIGINAL: JRexA

Or You can go with the [link=http://www.nomadio.net]Nomadio [/link] 2.4Ghz system, that uses Hardcoded(MAC) Adresses, like you do when using a Network, actually making it possible to have several pieces of equipment without problems on the same channel, if it can't find a free channel.
Nomadio still needs the same channels as the spektrum system they cannot use 2 radios on the same channel, and spektrum also uses the hard coding so that only the "bound" rx and tx will talk to each other...

the maximum total number of channels is approximately 70 if both systems are in use at the same time, as they both use dfferent channels for binding...

The only difference I can see is that Spektrum dont bad mouth nomadio for making a system that isnt compatible with existing TX's, where as nomadio imply that the spektrum system is inferior as it has to use an existing computer radio not designed for DSS... therefore crippling the system... yeah right...