Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Help me Choose The Right Radio Gear

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Help me Choose The Right Radio Gear

Old 03-31-2005, 05:02 AM
liteuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me Choose The Right Radio Gear

Hi
I am totally confused by FM, AM, Digital etc. I am in the process of buying a Smartech Traveller and need to put radio gear in it, and to control it. Futaba springs to mind, is there a brand which is just as good or better for the same money. I have got to work to a budget 0f about £100, new, second hand, whatever, i want 3 channel's as you never know if reverse is going to be available for the buggy or for a 2nd gear etc. i like the sound of ABS(rules out futaba 3PDFX), i want a good range of at least 200 meters.
I have finally got the servo problem sorted(i think), Futaba S9402 or S3305 these are pretty torqueey and fast, so steering and throttle response should be good. I would like to know which receiver and transmitter to get. I live in the UK so does it matter about AM,FM,40mhz,75mhz etc. I have not got a clue and i am getting peeeeeed off searching on the computer for info, its taken me a week to sort out the servo's. Model shops in Wales only help if you are spending cash on their over priced crap.........
Please help me, before i take up shooting.
Anyone know where there is a club near Cardiff to race this puppy once i get my radio gear sorted?
Thanx
Old 03-31-2005, 09:52 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Help me Choose The Right Radio Gear

I was researching buying a radio recently and a few that looked good were: Futaba 3PM, Hitec SRX and CRX, and the Airtronics MX-3. They are all affordable(one of the hitec's is a little more)

They are all feature rich 3 channel FM computer radios. Reviews were favourable, and i saw no major complaints. I was going to get the Futaba, but then i discovered synth. I ended up with a JR XS3 which i'm very happy with. It is a little more money, but it is synth, so no more crystals for me. (just expensive rx's)
Old 03-31-2005, 10:36 AM
liteuser

Thanx mate for the info, i have another brand to look at which does help as i'm fairly new to all this. I used to have a frog and a sandblaster(tamiya) over 100 years ago when i was a kid. Whats does " rx's" mean?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:01 PM
JRexA

tx= transmitter
rx=receiver

You could look at the Graupner XS-6 or XS-6 Pro, actually that is the Graupner packaged versions of JR XS-3 and XS-3 Pro.