Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Futaba vs Hitec. Module interchangeability ?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba vs Hitec. Module interchangeability ?

Old 03-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Karl the Mechan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba vs Hitec. Module interchangeability ?

Hi guys.
I've got a Hitec CRX transmitter. And a Kyosho Mini-Z. Naturally I want to use my fancy CRX transmitter with this little wonder, instead of that lo-cost thingie that came wnth the Mini-Z.

Problem is, as we all know, the Mini-Z onboard receiver is 27 MHz AM and Hitec only makes FM transmitter modules. (I've got a 40 and a 35 MHz module)

A friend of mine, who also drives a Mini-Z, has got a Futaba 3PK transmitter. Futaba happens to make a 27 MHz AM transmitter module. (Lucky guy) But he's not yet bought that module.

So I wonder: Since a lot of equipment seems to be similar on these two brands (Hitec & Futaba), does anybody have the opportunity to check module interchangeability ??? Could a Hitec-owner please borrow the module out of a friends Futaba and see if it actually works ??? I've verified that the Futaba module goes into my Hitec CRX physically. But since my friend's receiver was a HRS, it would of course not function with my radio gear.

Anyone?
Old 03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
gerwen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba vs Hitec. Module interchangeability ?

That new Spektrum module fits both 3PK and Hitec CRX, so this supports your theory. It doesn't prove it though.