Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba or Hitec

Old 04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Tomegun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba or Hitec

I'm in the market for a radio and I will be buying either a Hitec Agressor CRX or Futaba 3PM-FM.

Which one of these do you guys think would be best? I have a Hitec radio for my planes so I'm somewhat familiar with their products. They both seem to have similar features and they are close in price. The Hitec comes with rechargeable batteries and the Futaba doesn't. The Hitec is also out of stock most places so I will have to wait. What do you guys think?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:10 AM
gerwen

Default RE: Futaba or Hitec

I recently did some research on radios, and those were 2 that i was looking at. The futaba seemed to have an edge when it came to programmability, and i was going to go with it before i decided i wanted synth. However the CRX is upgradeable with Spektrum, which is a big point in its favour.

If it's a tossup to you, try finding them in a lhs and hanging on to them. See which seems like the best fit for you.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:10 AM
lowlander69
My Feedback: (7)

I have the CRX and I like it. I am a little biased because I am so in love with my Eclipse.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:38 AM
mgreen

I'm looking at radios rightnow because my JR SX3 shorted out. I would like to get the Futaba 3PM because it has alot of the programable stuff the JR SX3 had. But the HiTec Aggressor SRX is looking real nice to because of the price which is about $110.00 and you can run DSM. Futaba 3PM 1st. The new Aggressor SRX 2nd.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:06 PM
rushdude
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mgreen

I'm looking at radios rightnow because my JR SX3 shorted out. I would like to get the Futaba 3PM because it has alot of the programable stuff the JR SX3 had. But the HiTec Aggressor SRX is looking real nice to because of the price which is about $110.00 and you can run DSM. Futaba 3PM 1st. The new Aggressor SRX 2nd.
Why don't you want to get a new xs3?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:23 PM
mgreen

I need to get another one because all my stuff is based off of it. I did, by the way, get the Futaba 3PM and I'm happy with it.