Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

JR XS3 Battery Loses Connection

Old 04-04-2005, 10:06 AM
ba_savage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 Battery Loses Connection

I have 2 FR XS3's. Both of them are having issues with the battery pack staying connected. The newest one is 4 months old. This weekend it was working then I went to charge it. Came back a hour later and could see thru the charger it lost connection. No power on the TX. Removed the battery cover and power comes on. I could touch the end of the battery pack and it would lose power. Touch the front and power would come on. Put the cover on and power would go off. Had to take a piece of paper and fold it and stick it under the end of the battery stick so it wouldnt get pressed down by the cover. This makes me nervous because it only takes a slight change in the battery position and it loses power which would not be good if I am running the truck.

Same issues with TX #2 but I have to put the piece of paper in a different place.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:17 AM
speedknot

Default RE: JR XS3 Battery Loses Connection

I had the same problem with my XR2i. You pretty much solved your own problem. I do the same paper trick too.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:58 AM
gerwen

Maybe you should contact Horizon Hobby or JR to find out if this is a known problem. If you do, let us know what they say. (I have an XS3 as well)
Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 AM
ba_savage

I just received the transmitter back from Horizon. Pretty dissapointed with the service. They bent the clips a little which they said would make a better connection. During the process they broke a piece of plastic on the case. Oh well, at least it works.