Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

could my digital 5645 servo cause glitching

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

could my digital 5645 servo cause glitching

Old 04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
geo8498

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could my digital 5645 servo cause glitching

I have a savage in which I just installed a 5645 digital steering servo. Since then, I have been getting pretty bad throttle glitching. my other servos are all standard. I've gotten glitching with a Traxxas 2055 and a Futaba standard 3004. Both glitch the same. Do I need to have a digital servo on throttle as well? Do I need to change to a better radio? I have a stock HPI 3 channel AM, which has been pretty good otherwise. I also have the battery well charged. I remember reading somewhere that digital servos may require better radio. Any truth to that? HiTec doesn't note this anywhere. Should I get a new radio? Do I need to go FM? If I had to get a new radio, I was considering a Futaba 2PL or JR xr2. I don't want to spend over $100 on a new radio if I don't have to.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:18 PM
bentgear

Default RE: could my digital 5645 servo cause glitching

May not need a better radio, but you do need to make sure your system can supply enuff juice to make a digital servo operate correctly. That means good connections, good wiring, a receiver that is not full of crud, good switch, etc. any of which could cause your problem.

Ed M.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:35 PM
geo8498

Default RE: could my digital 5645 servo cause glitching

Everything should be pretty clean, but it could be the Rx. I'm going to double check the Rx and antenna, since I'm getting a feeling it's also a range thing. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a definite compatibility problem otherwise.